Tuesday, July 31, 2007

summer reading


So the thing I love most about summer is reading. I have so much time to do it and that makes me want to do it more. Of course I've already read Harry Potter 7 and I finished it in 4 days. And in the past three days I've been on a roll. All I do is lay in bed all day, and read!! The night before last I finished a book, then picked up another I was 200 pages into from a couple weeks ago. I finished that the next day, yesterday, and started a new one, only getting one chapter in. Then today I got three-quarters of the way in. I also went to the library (one of the few things I've done here is get a library card, which is actually kind of nice because there are 12 different libraries!!) and got two more pretty thick books. I can't wait to sit around all day and read them!! You gotta admit, sitting around on your ass all day reading is better than sitting around watching tv. Even if I'm not getting any exercise, or... going outside at all. Well, I did go to the library to get more books to sit around more to read more and start the process all over again.

I also made a mental list of all the things that I'm looking forward to in chronalagical order. Today I was looking forward to going to the library, I'm super cool I know, no need to tell me. For this week I'm looking forward to my friends coming to visit, it's gonna be a blast. This month I'm looking forward to moving into my new house and meeting people my age here, finally!!! After that I'm looking forward to going down in December and seeing all the love of my life's!!! After that, well basically my life has no purpose. Just kidding, I'll be looking forward to going down for the musical.... see, I'm not a loser. And the list goes on.......

5 comments:

Goo said...

Take the books outside and sit on your ass and read. This way you do get fresh air and sunlight, which has proven beneficial to health, and you avoid strenuous aerobic exercise, which has also proven beneficial to health but which can't hold a candle to sitting on your ass reading.

Rake said...

Thanks! I do have a lovely balcony with a cool view of a lake and a bunch of trees!!

Oh, and I finished another book today.

Dagromm said...

I also make lists of things that I'm looking forward to. Books, movies, events. It makes the year ahead look much more inviting then all the unknown.

Rake said...

Yeah, totally know what you mean.

And I finished another book today.

And then started another one.

LIT said...

Have you read The Devil Wears Prada? Haven't seen the movie, but the book is great.