Friday, August 27, 2010

Move-In

So for those of who actually occasionally check to see if I've written anything here (I know it's been TOO LONG):

I moved in to my apartment today! Very nerve-racking, at first, but then plain awesome. Still a lot of work to be done, stuff that's probably only on my list and no one else's. My room is PRACTICALLY done, but not quite there. I did the bathroom, looks awesome. I still need to organized the hall closet. And my roommates and I need to decide on the living-room furniture arrangement, and the kitchen cabinets arrangement. But I'm not the only one that's not completely done...I think.

Tomorrow I need to do some last minute shopping, then I'm off to an audition (or on-screen test?) for an agent. VERY NERVOUS! Then in the night there's a taco-pajama-board-game-party in the lobby of our building. It's gonna be super fun!I hope. Anyway, off to bed, first night in my twin-sized college bed. LOVE. <3

4 comments:

LIT said...

Hey You,

Guess I should have looked here first. Just talked to your mom as they were driving home from Chi. She sounded oh so confident that you were going to make it there.

I was, of course, remembering when you were three yrs. old, and you were staying with me for a couple of weeks while your parents prepared for a move to accommodate the new baby who turned out to be twins. You had been such a little lady in church, sitting with a friend of mine, while I was acting as a lay reader. Everyone was so impressed with your conduct and manners. And at McDonald's you'd broken out in your own improvised dance to the music on the intercom system there while we were awaiting our order. The person taking our order was so enraptured she could hardly enter the order. Then your folks called to see how you were doing (and I understand that), and talking to your mother you had a complete meltdown. The two weeks was shortened somewhat, and we ended the visit. You were such an actress even then.

Not everything will go well, but it will all be a learning experience that I hope will improve your skills for your career and for your life. And all the things that go well are lessons too. May they be in abundance.

Love you so much.

Goo said...

I love you.

Keep us posted.

Hugs and kisses ad infinitum.

jaz said...

I have a huge list of all the wonderful places I love up there and want to share with you. E-mail your mailing address and I'll get something to you (either snail or e-mail). Lit and your folks have my contact info.

Have fun while you learn lots!

Tazzonater said...

Good Luck!!