Saturday, June 26, 2010

roommates

Ok, so quick update on the job at Plato's: I didn't get it. But the thing I'm most mad about is that they led me on for like five days after the first time I called them; they kept telling me they'd call me the next day when they totally could have just told me then that they "filled the positions". Ugh.

BUT! Some good news is that I got my room assignment information. My roommates pseudonyms are Paper, Lightbulb, and Scarsdale. Scarsdale is an acting major like moi and I feel like we'll get along great! And Paper is a Musical Theatre major, and she seems fun. And Lightbulb is a dancer, who seems silly. I'm so excited. I got such a rush of questions for them that I made a questionnaire for getting-to-know-you purposes, and when I told them about it they were all like "yeah, send it!".

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

LIT said...

Of course, you'll have to answer all the questions as well. Sounds like a good "getting to know you" entree. Looks like you've already been elected leader. It's good in some ways that you all have a performance oriented goal. Good going. (Just consider the suffering of a marine biologist.) On the other hand, who's going to have her feet on the ground? Who will be the anchor?

Tazzonater said...

You already have roomates? I thought you got assigned roomates on the first day. My bad.:)

jaz said...

Taz--it depends on the school. Some put forth the effort to give out info as soon as they have it. Others do not. I am guessing the smaller schools are more likely to have the time to go the extra--but then I attended a small school and they didn't tell the freshmen much of anything in advance.

After the first year you get to choose your roommates, for the most part.

Tazzonater said...

k.thanx

Rake said...

Sounds about right.

I don't know if I'd necessarily say I'm the "leader", just the most organized. Maybe.

I'll be an anchor for sure, I don't know about the others. :D

Oyster said...

Good luck!! Hey, check out my blog sometime.

LIT said...

Now you know about the others. Time to give us an update on the roommates. You've met them vis a vis; what's your assessment? How goes it?

How's college life so far? Probably no classes yet, but separation from family and big adjustments to a new situation. What do you think?