Saturday, September 20, 2008

Film Festival

I know, I know, it's been way too long, but ok, I feel I have to write about the film festival.

So, today was the premiere of my film. It was awesome, at first we had the pre-party, where I just stood around with my friend and ate some yummy food. But it was fun, and very "posh". Then we went to the theatre, where I introduced the film, and I think I sounded really nervous but that's ok. I didn't sound scripted, which I think is better. Then we watched some other films, mine was third, in a series of four shorts. Then it was a feature, called "The Black Balloon" which was AMAZING! It was a drama about an Australian family, with two boys, one of them autistic, but it's also a love story. It was phenomenal. I want to own it. It starred Toni Colette, don't know if I spelled that right. But yes, outstanding, is what I voted for for the people's choice awards, which was the highest choice. And it was just overall fabulous. Then outside we took pictures. We had dinner. Then I had a live interview with Eastlink, but the reporter was so nice and friendly and funny, and just made it really easy and relaxing. I mean it was only like three our four minutes long. But he even asked about my tattoo, which was cool. I thought it all went pretty well. I know this isn't terribly detailed or anything, but I'm off to another film, so I'm kind of in a hurry. Hope to tell more about it later. LOVE to all of you. :) <3

3 comments:

LIT said...

Congratulations, Ms. Film Maker! Do you have the rights to your film? Were you satisfied with the way it turned out? Do you wish to pursue that sort of endeavor? If so, what's next, and how will you get it made? Any leads come from the whole experience?

Love you.

Goo said...

Yeah. Answer her questions and tell us more.

Rake said...

Ok, so yes I have the rights to my film. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out, I think if I could've make it longer I would've because the interviewees said some really amazing stuff, and I wish a lot of it was put in that wasn't. I think I'll do more films, but I think I love theatre more. I'm not certain... I have no ideas right now for any new films. So yeah. I guess it's all up in the air. :)