Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last Week

So last week was pretty crazy. On Wednesday I saw The Producers at the local theatre (Neptune). It was awesome and hilarious. If you haven't seen the movie you really should cuz it has Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Uma Thurman, and Will Ferrel and it is soooo funny. It's a little over the top but it just makes it that much more enjoyable. So anyway, I saw that on stage for English class and I can't stop smiling it was so good. It's nice to go to something like that for school because you realize your classmates aren't all that immature and rude, seeing as how they knew when to clap and they didn't talk through the whole thing! Some of the songs were extended too so I didn't know every line of the thing, which is good. Anyway, that night we had a coffeehouse at school which is basically they set up couches and chairs and students (and teachers) can perform songs and such. But they don't actually serve coffee...yeah it's weird. So my dance teacher sang "The First Cut Is The Deepest" and "Big Yellow Taxi" which was just amazing because she's really good and so beautiful. And then the next day we went to the dance room for lunch and told her to sing for us and she sang those songs again and then a bunch that she wrote from this huge binder that is full of songs that she wrote and they are so good. She has an awesome voice and I think she should've pursued a music career. Anyway, that was tight. Then thursday was the outdoor dance, except it wasn't outdoor. Whatever. But they had foam in the dance part (basically just bathtub suds but from a machine like a smoke machine but foam). That was sticky but fun. Then upstairs they had a bouncy house, a blow-up twister game, like enlarged, a bouncy obstacle course thing which is so fun and a remote control car race track. Anyway it was a blast. Outside they had one of those dunker things where we dunked teachers. And the sold hotdogs which were really good. And at the end they had a firework show. It was basically a whole carnival/fair. It was so fun!! I really wanted to update everybody on my week. LOVE.

6 comments:

LIT said...

That sounds so terrific. When I was in school the teachers never let us see who they really were, and I think we missed a lot. They were excellent teachers, mind you, but it had to come from people who had so much more to give. You are so lucky.

That dance is so different; was it choreographed by Gene Kelly? Did you have to take out dance insurance to cover the foam danger? Sounds like you could just take off your hose (if wearing them), rinse, and hang up to dry when you went home. That must fit into some kind of conservation plan.

Great to hear from you. Good luck on your film this summer; I'm already planning what to wear to the A Awards for best documentary. Love you too.

plug said...

I really like the foam dance idea! And Broadway shows can't be beat. Being able to see the artistic side of your teachers was one the things I liked best about my old high school. I even took ballet classes side be side with my English teacher and our principal played the trumpet. Your dance teacher sounds cool.

Goo said...

I'm so confused. A coffee house with no coffee and an outdoor dance which is really indoor foam? ?Que huh? Explicame, por favor. Sounds like your having a blast doing all the end of year stuff.
I'm still anxiously awaiting all the info on the film making. Write more soon.

Love!!!!!!!

Rake said...

Hahaha, I know my school is all over the place. But yeah it was all tight and I hope to write more soon but the twins are always on....not blogging as well so it just adds to the frustration. LOVE.

Joasia said...

That sounds AWESOME :) Definitely jealous.
I saw The Producers when it was here in March, I love it!

Joasia said...

Hey, girl! I put some of my photography on my blog. I know you love photos, so maybe you could check that out?
Love.