Monday, October 8, 2007

things I miss dearly

Lately, of course I've been missing U-town, and everybody in it. But there are specific things, things that just get forgotten or left behind. Here are a few:

1. Going to a football game, getting all ready to toss a flag in the air for the rest of the night, and dancing to "Hey Baby" in the stands!!!!

2. Watching Veggie Tales in the church nursery! Tonight we all sang very memorable 'silly songs with Larry' at dinner. Ahhh.....good times.

3. Going to looooong and boooooring drama meetings and listening to Chew talk about the same things over and over and over again.

4. Being able to walk everywhere. I would walk to friends' houses in the morning, then walk to the union or eat something for lunch on green street. Then walk back and hang in the park for awhile. Maybe even walk down to lincoln square and.......shop?

5. Downtown shampoo, the street that, during Christmas, the street lamps would have the fake branches on it, making a candle or snowflake, or something pretty and festive!!!

6 comments:

polio said...

you know they might just have stuff like that xmas decor in NS too.

Rake said...

Maybe, but it won't have the same feel!

polio said...

meh, i suppose. btw, is it fall there yet? cause it's practically summer still here.

Anonymous said...

Polio spoke too soon. Now it's definitely fall. It's supposed to be a low of 42 tomorrow and a high of 63 tomorrow. Today, when I was explaining to Little Miss that I had laid out long pants for her to wear today, she informed me, "Yeah, I meant to tell you that Ms. D said yesterday that it was supposed to be chilly today, but I forgot. It's okay, though, cause I guess you watched the news.

Little Mister is running around the house in two Halloween masks (vampire and Frankenstein). He changes his mind about his Halloween costume about every five minutes (Spiderman, Batman, Black Spiderman, Power Ranger, Transformer, Pirate, Spiderman, etc.) Needless to say, we'll be waiting until the last minute to put his costume together.

polio said...

It's true, I did. Brr.

Goo said...

Things I miss include new posts from you.