Wednesday, September 19, 2007

very werid day

Ok, well I got up at 7:39, when I am actually supposed to get up at 7. So from the first minute I was being rushed and disoriented. Plus, I painfully awoke to cramps, and...well, you know how those go.




So then I'm at the bus stop, and the hot guy isn't there. Damn. On the bus the cute guy doesn't get on so I'm just completely let down. By the way, hot guy and cute guy are two different guys. Just to clear that up.




All my classes seem to drag on but somehow I find myself on the bus home again. Lunch was fun, me and a couple of friends were in the cafeteria at first, then realized it was a pretty nice day, and joined a big group of cool people outside. In this group was cute guy, the one who stood up the bus this moring. Oh well, once again he doesn't notice me.




But on the walk from the bus stop to our across-the-street houses, me and hot guy have a cute little conversation about our days (okay, more about his day) and, perhaps it was just me, but he was a little flirty. He didn't just smile a bunch, he stuttered a bit at one point too. Well, maybe it was my imagination, but I think I'm making progress.




Not a beautiful story, but just a little taste of how boring my days go over here.




P.S.- I have AND wear a shirt that a geek was wearing on Beauty and the Geek! LOVE that show!



This is actually the shirt. I can't believe I found in on Google. It is a bunch of stars and the whole astronomy thing, and the letters say "heavenly bodies". I think it's kind of cute.....no?

10 comments:

Goo said...

Okay, so here's my cute guy story from Sunday morning:

Following the service this super-cute guy I met the previous week came up to me at coffee hour and gave me a big hug. He didn't greet anyone else that way, but I'm not putting too much stock in it. He's a recent transplant from Grace Cathedral, San Francisco. He's a financier who one day saw the light and traded in his high-paying job to go to South America, learn Spanish and the ins and outs of microfinance. He came "home" to DC to be closer to his brother's family and watch his niece grow up. He's now working for a non-profit in Bethesda. Yeah, a friendly, supercute, family-oriented, bilingual Episcopalian out to make the world a better place... it's a feaking nightmare.

I can't wait to see him again next Sunday!

BTW, I recommend hot raspberry tea for the cramps.

polio said...

"you know how it goes"

well no... no i don't.

plug said...

Rake - I thought that was a picture of a sequined sweater so I'm gald you cleared that up.

Goo - I see you didn't say "straight."

Polio - ... shut up.

Goo said...

The jury's still out. I had several men and women ask me Sunday about Mr. Super-Cute's preference. I always assume gay, but a friend of mine told me a long time ago that the problem with meeting guys at church is that those big crosses on the roof interfere with the gaydar.

Besides, gay or straight, he's equally cute and plenty entertaining.

plug said...

True, cute and entertaining are hard enough to find and extremely valuable.

Rake said...

Yeah, well with my luck all three guys I like are probably gay. I only seem to like gay guys....very depressing.

But FUN story!!

jaz said...

Years ago I recall the Chapel men could be divided into the following categories: Married, Way Too Old, Way Too Young, Gay, and one particular attractive and age-appropriate male who seemed to not be interested in any of the females at the Chapel.

I didn't realize the cross interfered with Gaydar, but it would explain why a good friend tried to fix me up with a certain tenor in the choir years ago. I'm not sure which of the two of us was more amused.

Goo said...

I know what you mean, Jaz, about the categories men at church fall into. Although you clearly had a broader selection than I've ever run into. I usually find it breaks down into: gay, married, way to old, or under the age of twelve. Sometimes they fall into more than one category. Occasionally, one does come across an actual age-appropriate, straight, bachelor gentleman but you have to appraoch very carefully or you might spook him off his perch and he will hesitate to return. My number one biggest reason for suspecting that Mr. Supercute is gay is that he appears to be totally lacking in the necessary social defenses of single straight man in church.

Speaking of church...are y'all having any better luck? I have some church friends with whom I'd be happy to arrange a social introduction. Friendly people with kids. Just say the word.

Dagromm said...

In the car this evening my daughter said, "Beauty and the Geek comes on tomorrow!!! I can't wait. I love that show!!"

The fem geek looks like a fraud to me though. We'll see I guess.

plug said...

My girls love that show too!