Wednesday, April 4, 2007

old poems

These are old poems that I wrote a while ago, and I have some more I just can't find them right now. But there will be here in the future...

The first one I wrote around Christmas time, and it's kind of inspired by Love Actually:


CHRISTMAS IS

Christmas is a time when you tell the ones you love just how much you love them
Christmas is a time when you tell everybody the truth
Christmas is a time when you live your life to the fullest
Christmas is a happy time

Christmas is a time when the things you don't have seem that much bigger
Christmas is time when, if you're alone, you feel dead
Christmas is a time that only comes once a year, waiting
Christmas is a sad time

Christmas is coming, so I'm telling you I love you
Christmas is coming and I'm telling you the truth
Christmas is coming and I'm trying to live, to risk...

Christmas is here and I don't have you
Christmas is here and I am alone
Christmas is here and I'm still waiting
For you...


And the next one; the beginning came to me in the bathroom:


THE OTHER GENDER

Doesn't it just suck to be a guy
To look around and wonder why
Your breasts aren't perfectly formed
Your hips aren't perfectly warmed
By low-rise jeans

Isn't it just ass to be a dude
To deal with everyone being rude
When you aren't totally obsessed with sports
And don't shout stupid "manly" retorts
To someone who is different

Can you stand being a male
Never checking the bathroom scale
Never flushing or closing the seat
Standing up to pee or eat
Goal being: macho

How can you deal with being a man
With looking around and trying to scan
A woman you would "bang"
In your perverted way DANG
It must suck to be you

2 comments:

Palindrome said...

Yeah, it kinda sucks to be a dude,
Sometimes it makes me want to hurl,
To be honest it's kinda crude,
But hell, at least I'm not a girl!!!

Actually I tend to like girls better then guys most of the things you said in that poem are kinda true. Guys can be pretty barbaric that's why most of my closest friends are girls.I hope I'm not a guy like that. Am I a guy like that?

Rake said...

No. No offense but you are pretty feminine. But it's a good thing, at least in my case because I tend to be attracted to really feminine guys: Kendall, Jordan, you, and Chester...


But you just had to show me up, didn't you? With your quick, humerous poem as a comment...